We have dates for our 2017 summer concert series!
- Sunday May 28th, 2017 - Memorial Day Remembrance Concert - Central Park Bandshell (sponsored by Boulder Creek Festival), 10:00 a.m.
- Monday June 26th, 2017 - Scott Carpenter Park, with our very special guests, 101st Army Winds, 7 p.m
- Monday July 3rd, 2017 - Salberg Park, 7 p.m.
- Monday July 4th, 2017 - Louisville Municipal Golf Course (sponsored by City of Louisville), 7 p.m until Fireworks start!
- Monday July 10th, 2017 - Chautauqua Park, 7 p.m.
- Monday July 17th, 2017 - North Boulder Park, 7 p.m.
- Monday July 24th, 2017 - Downtown Boulder Library (Labyrinth Area), 7 p.m.
- Monday July 31st, 2017 - Harlow Platts Community Park/Viele Lake, 7 p.m.
The Boulder Concert Band is pleased to announce a search for a new principal conductor and Music
Director starting in September for the 2017 - 2018 concert season. The Boulder Concert Band has a tradition of service to the Boulder community reaching back to 1896.
The band is comprised of adult community members, many of whom are active or retired as music
educators, and life-long musicians. We have a strong connection to the University of Colorado Boulder,
as well as with local military bands, with several of our members serving as reservists in the National
Guard Band. The band rehearses once a week on Monday nights and performs two formal concerts each
in the fall and spring, as well as a summer series of "concerts in the park" sponsored by the Boulder
Department of Parks and Recreation. We are organized as a non-profit organization under the laws of
the State of Colorado, file yearly tax statements, and conduct regular business within a Board of
We are searching for an accomplished conductor who embodies the ethos of "collaborative music-making."
Though not a professional (i.e., salaried) band, our members have high expectations for musical
accomplishment, fulfillment, and a professional rapport with our conductors.
- M.M. in conducting, or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience working with adult community bands/orchestras.
- Extensive knowledge of wind band repertoire, including popular and patriotic selections
appropriate for summer concert programming.
- Must live within weekly driving distance to Boulder, CO.
- Experience rehearsing/conducting professional wind bands and/or orchestras.
- Continued conducting studies beyond the master's degree (D.M.A., conducting symposia,
conducting fellowships, etc.).
How to apply:
- Cover letter/letter of interest.
- Links to conducting videos. (3-4 videos of 2-3 minutes in length max. Videos may be in concert
and/or in rehearsal, front-view of the conductor. Please include: ensemble being conducted,
works being conducted, date.)
- Current CV including list of professional references (minimum three references). Letters of
reference will only be solicited for finalists. You will be notified if selected as a finalist, and only
three letters of reference will be required at that time.
- Applications accepted through June 23, 2017.
- Finalists notified by July 21, 2017. (The band will be in its summer season with weekly "concerts
in the park" during this time. We take our summer break during the month of August.)
- Letters of reference must be received by August 11, 2017.
- Finalists will be invited to interview with members of the Board of Directors during the month of
August and into the first week of September.
- Finalists will be invited to rehearse with the Boulder Concert Band for 30 minutes each on
Monday, September 11, 2017. This is our first rehearsal back from summer break. Repertoire
will be announced prior to the audition. Each finalist will be paid $50 for their service.
- We will announce our new Music Director by Thursday, September 14th . If selected, please
prepared to submit a repertoire list for our two fall concerts by Friday (9/15) so that our
librarians can have the music ready to go. First rehearsal with our new Music Director will take
place on Monday, September 25, 2017.
Application materials may be sent via email to: email@example.com